Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Eh?

April marks the 10 Year anniversary of Stampin' Up! coming into Canada!  I am thrilled that 10 years ago Shelli made the decision to bring Stampin' Up! to Canada.  I was demonstrator 217 in Canada and will be celebrating my 10th anniversary at the end of August this year.  Here's a fun fact...of all the demonstrators that joined Stampin' Up! in Canada in the first year that Stampin' Up! was in Canada, nearly 100 of them are still active demonstrators.  I am one of those!!!!  Here's a look at a little Stampin' Up! Canada timeline.


I have seen so many changes in Stampin' Up! in the last 10 years and I'm so excited to see what the next 10 years brings!

So, in honor of Stampin' Up! Canada turning 10, I thought I would share a fun birthday card today. 


I used some great new product for this card...and since it's April you can finally order these products!  That's right, its Summer Smooches time and you can order some sneak peek products from the new Annual Catalog coming out June 1!!!!

On my card, I used the fun new stamp set, Bright Blossoms and the fun new DSP, Summer Smooches!  I chose the fun bright color combination Real Red, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White.  Here's a close up of some of the details...


I made the DSP ruffle by punching along the edge (so it would have kind of a scallop edge) and then running it through the crimper a few (or 5 or 10) times!  By running it through the crimper, you break the fibers of the paper a bit, so you can easily ruffle it.  It's stuck onto the cardstock with some Sticky Strip so it will stay right where I want it!  I stamped my sentiment with my favorite sentiment set, Petite Pairs, and then punched it and embellished it with a little scrap of Ruffled Lucky Limeade ribbon (love this ribbon!).  And, finally, I couldn't resist blinging it up a bit, so I added some rhinestones!

What do you think?

Here's a fun picture of the product included in the Summer Smooches special this month!


Paper, stamps, ribbon and a die...oh my!!!!  But don't forget the fabric, brads and a decor stencil!  Some of these products (the brads and stencil) will only be available during this promotion.  Be one of the first to play with some sneak peek products from the upcoming Annual Catalog and place your order today!  You can find all the info on the Summer Smooches promotion here.

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!