Friday, July 13, 2012

Smile...Need a Reason?

I have so many reasons to smile today!

-It was raining (actually thundering) when I woke up this morning...which is good because it's been HOT here and the rain is welcome (and I love thunder!).

-It's clearing now so my kids can go outside to play after lunch

-My Holiday Catalog preorder came yesterday (yay...new stamping stuff to play with...and you're going to love the new Holiday Mini)

-My Passport arrived yesterday (boy, that was a stressful wait!)

-It's FRIDAY (even though it's Friday the 13th!!!)

-I get to go to Convention next week and see my Stampin' Up! family!

-I have a wonderful family

-I have great friends

I could go on, but I'm sure you came here to see the biggest reason to smile today, right?  When my order cam yesterday, the new Reason to Smile stamp set was in it.  Yep, the set on special and only available this month for $5 (when you place a $60 order).  Of course, I couldn't wait to get ink to paper with it and here's what I came up with...


Isn't it pretty!!!!  I pulled out the Reason to Smile set and a pack of new DSP (from the Holiday Catalog...I think it's my new favorite DSP!) and got to work!  I pulled my colors right out of the DSP...Raspberry Ripple and Lucky Limeade.  Here's a close up of the fun parts of this card.


I colored my stamp with markers to get both colors on it and then stamped the outline image with Early Espresso.  The sentiment is from the One in a Million set (I love that new set!) and after I stamped it I cut it out with the new Bitty Banners Framelits.  And, of course, added a little bling!

Well, I must sign off for today.  I have laundry, packing for next week (for both me and my kids...they are going to "Camp Grandma & Grandpa" since Kevin still has to work next week!!!), swaps to finish, a super cool project to finish (the one I mentioned on Facebook yesterday!) and lunch to make!  Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!