Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Parade of Ornaments-Day 1

Hi everyone!  I've been busy creating ornaments the last little while and I'm thrilled to start sharing them with you!  I will be posting one ornament a week for the next few weeks.  And, here's the best part...each ornament will have a VIDEO with it for you!!!!  Can I hear a cheer for fun how-to videos?!?!?!?!

Ok, on to today's ornament!  I learned how to do these last June and have had it filed away in my brain since then knowing that I would share closer to Christmas!  My Stamp Clubs made these this month and lets just say they were thrilled!


Sadly this is the only picture I have of it right now!  Sherri and I do have some on our Christmas display for craft fairs, so please stop by and see us at the Diva Show this Friday (Fritz Sick Center, 5-9pm, free admission)...it looks way better on our display!  And, when I'm done the ornament series, I will take some pictures and show you where I've put all the ornaments I've made (right now it's way to early to decorate for Christmas though!).

You're probably thinking it looks complicated and time consuming, right?  Let me reassure you, it's not!  The instruction video is 5 and a half minutes long and in that time I show you how to do it start to finish...to make the basic ornament it will take you about 10-15 minutes.  It's the super fun embellishment in the middle that will take some time to assemble!  Here's a close up of the center embellishments.


I used the Ornament Framelits for this...SO FUN!!!  I will have video next week explaining how I did those...so check back next week for that.  And, now, the video!  Enjoy!


So what did you think?  You can make these, they are so easy...go forth and get some paper bags and start creating people!!!  My paper bags were purchased from Creative Packaging.  I have also seen them at my local craft store in a rainbow of colors and you could use plain old lunch bags that you can get at the grocery store.  Remember, the bigger your bag, the bigger your ornament.

Don't forget to take advantage of the fantastic bundle this month with the Ornament Keepsakes set, Framelits and Candlelight Christmas DSP.  Who wouldn't want the free paper piercing set????  More info is on the Specials Page and you can order from the online store to make it nice and easy for you!  And, I have a stamp club as well as a scrapbook club starting in November.  If you would like a fun crafting night out and make super projects like this one, please contact me for more information!

Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!